We are excited that you are considering collaborating with us at Duke Campus Farm on your project! Beyond food, food systems, and sustainable agriculture, we’re particularly interested in the following topic areas:
- land history/plantation history/environmental history
- cotton, tobacco and other Columbian exchange crops (okra, sweet potatoes)
- food justice/food access
- the Farm Bill and food and ag policy
- waste, compost, waste studies
- (farm) systems thinking and critical food studies
- wilderness ethic and new agrarianism
- pastoral/georgic as literary modes
- environmental arts – photography, nature writing.
We're sure you can think of many more - we welcome your ideas, thoughts, and collaboration on these or other topics.
Starting the Collaboration Early
It is crucial that you start reaching out to your faculty and farm staff regarding the project you have in mind as early as possible. Please email us a firstname.lastname@example.org with your intentions for collaborating and we'll set up a time to further discuss.
Free transit is provided between the farm and Duke Campus for all Duke affiliates. See here for more details.
Working with you is part of our mission, so please don’t hesitate to reach out at any stage of the planning process.