We are grateful for a replica of the “We Are All Related” mural to be a resident at the farm. In 2018, a class led by Charlie Thompson called, “Farmworkers in North Carolina”, partnered with local Durham artist Cornelio Campos to research farmworkers in the Durham area. Students went on field trips and researched areas including here at Duke Campus Farm and one of our partners, Student Action with Farmworkers (SAF). The mural makes visible the many complex historical and modern layers of our food system and the stories of North Carolina farmers. Click here to learn more about this collaboration and see the full mural.
Past Course Offerings and Collaborations:
- The Environment in Literature, Law, and Science (Fall 2020)
- GSF 366: Nature, Culture, Gender (Spring 2020)
- ENV 245: Theory & Practice of Sustainability - Welcoming Animals to the Duke Campus Farm: A Feasibility Study (Fall 2019)
- Bass Connections: Regenerative Grazing to Mitigate Climate Change (2019-2020)
- Bass Connections: Sowers and Reapers: Gardening in an Era of Change (2018-2019)