No matter what your relation to the University, whether it be as a student, faculty, staff, alumnus or Durham resident, we want you to get involved in greening Duke. There are plenty of avenues for you to get your feet wet first or plunge right in.
Step 1 - Do
- Enter the Green Devil Smackdown! Are you ready to fight for a more sustainable Duke? Then form your alliances, gather your friends, and get your green game on. It's time to register for the Green Devil Smackdown, a grueling eight-week competition to see who can bend collective behavior to their will and force emissions into submission at Duke.
- Take the Green Devil Challenge! The Challenge will guide you through a new action every month to make your life more sustainable. The first two challenges are easy:
- Green your workplace with the Duke Green Workplace Certification and attend Sustainable Duke's staff sustainability workshop. These are great ways to become a more sustainable employee and earn recognition at Duke.
- Join a campus group working for sustainability. Find a group that is a great fit for your interests, whether you are a student or member of the staff, faculty, or community.
- Get involved in the community
- Ten Quick Actions to Reduce Your Impact
Step 2 - Learn
- Duke Sustainability e-Newsletter
Would you like to receive a twice monthly newsletter with the latest sustainability news & events? Subscribe here. If you are a not member of the Duke University community, contact Casey Roe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3 - Share
Duke will continue the tradition of creating and sharing knowledge in service to society by being a leading model of sustainability.
- Share Your Story
Share your own personal story about how you are supporting a sustainable Duke.